Book group meets on the fourth Monday at 10:00am in Calvin Lounge.
All are invited to join the Everett FPC Book Group. Just read the chosen book and join us ready for discussion. Listeners are always welcome too. Books are selected by the group and include a variety of fiction and nonfiction titles. For more information, contact Shirley Solberg .Book group does not meet in December.
2018: New Adventure for the Fourth Monday Book Group
In 2018, the Fourth Monday Book Group has elected to read varied titles according to the following Everett Public Library “Reading Challenge - 2018” schedule. This is a departure from past choices of a specific book each month.
Notice that the March selection needs to be a biography or memoir, leaving the reader a wide range of choices. In our library, biographies are designated by “921” which is the standard Dewey Decimal Classification. Memoirs are, in our collection, ordinarily designated as “Personal Narrative.”
Please notice that reading from the public library’s list is the basis for their yearlong contest. For the procedure, rules, and prizes, see their web site: https://www.epls.org/334/Reading-Challenge-2018. Wouldn’t it be fun for one of our group members to be a winner?
Following is their list for this year, thus also our book group’s list:
• January: Read a book by a Washington state author.
• February: Read a Walt Longmire book by Craig Johnson.
• March: Read a biography/memoir.
• April: Read a poetry book.
• May: Read a book recommended by a library employee.
• June: Read a book written by an author from a race or culture different than your own.
• July: Read a book with a red, white, and/or blue cover.
• August: Read a science fiction or science non-fiction book.
• September: Read a book that was banned at some point.
• October: Read a book with a one-word title.
• November: Read a book that won a National Book Award
• December: Read a book recommended by a friend.
Questions and ideas may come to Shirley Solberg (425-252-2706 / email@example.com) or to any of the group participants.
To View a Complete List of Book Group Books From 2006 - 2014, Click HERE.
To View a Complete List of Book Group Books For 2015, Click HERE.
To View a Complete List of Book Group Books for 2016, Click HERE.